Daisypath Anniversary tickers
I had to start a
new blog since this one is 99% full on pictures. If you want an invite please comment here or email me
The_royalfamily@msn.com
Thanks!


http://theroyalkingfamily2.blogspot.com/

Monday, June 8, 2009

Week at Britts house

So on Monday last week I had my OB appointment then I headed out to Eagle Mountain. My sisters kids were out of school finally and it was Pony Express days... plus we haven't had much luck finding a good used dresser down here, and there are always a million posted on KSL.com
So I went up and that night was family fun night, so we went out to the park to play games and eat some food. It did get windy and on the way back to the car we did get rained on... but it was fun!

Tuesday we woke up and went to IKEA, Brittany had an item she needed and I have never been, it was awesome, they have some great things, and some wierd things... we actually didn't make it through the entire store and had to use a short cut or two to get out, but it was still fun. The family bathroom at IKEA has a recliner and a play table for kids, along with free diapers and wipes for little bums! I laughed when I saw the toys so yes, I took this pic!
Oh, I did get some plastic little plates for Adlanna since she has broken too many of my corell set! good deal through 6 plates for 1.99 :)

That night was the safty fair, where we walked around and got to climb in hummers and other vehicles that were decked out in equipment. They had booths that had freebies and selling things, and food stands, live entertainment... and some strange people... with strange clothes. HA HA HA They also had a small petting zoo, which Adlanna loved! She didn't want to leave the calves, but then she enjoyed the sheep, horse, chickens, .. what else am I mssing? She fed a goat a carrot right out of her hand and didn't freak or anything ha ha... She would tell me what each animal said as she saw the animal it was cute, and Kaylah was impressed she could say some of them. My fav. was the lambs they were TINY!!!

Wed. we went shopping and found some b-day gifts for Adlanna and a christmas gift for a cousin of hers... :) shhhhhhhh it's a secret! We found some killer deals at Ross and so that's where I spent some money, but I found some maternity jean capris for 10.99 which is WAY better than motherhood for 39.99 ( and I needed them!) Then at 4pm we had Geocaching starting so we got the clue to the location and ran around Eagle Mountain and surrounding areas searching for the 4 hidden caches... it was fun and frusterating HA HA HA.

When Greg got home and the kids were in bed Britt and I took a trip to the new Walmart they just opened at the crossroads and got some food and groceries. Britt also picked out some fabric for pillowcases for Dani's new toddler bed. It took forever and we didn't make it back home until like 11 or later!

Thursday we went to babies r us... which I requested I needed a few things! I spent too much money in this store, I got some stuff for the baby on the way, and a new diaperbag because mine is torn in TOO many places and it out of control... and it was nice to have a variety to look at and not just WAlmarts selection!!! Oh, and don't forget the much needed new SIPPY SPOUTS!!! We went to toys r us so the kids could spend their money, and other stores like target etc.
on the way down I saw a kid to kid that had at least 3 double strollers out front so we stopped on the way home they had a ton but none in the right condition, ... most were missing the canopy's and to me that's a must! :(

Meanwhile I do have to mention all week multiple times a day I would look at ksl to see the new dressers, or double strollers to see if there was any steals to go get right away, Britt has interenet on her phone so I would even check while we were out... since that was everyday after breakfast until after dinner... a few times I missed a great dresser by like 2 hrs... It was frusterating!!! I knew if I found anything Chris would come get it, but I only had Friday to look and it was now Thursday night..

Britt and Greg had a HOA meeting Thurs night so I babysat all 4 kids... which was a breeze because they all went to bed early because the older ones were naughty and the little ones go to bed early! ha ha ha. the fun part was getting the babies changed and into jammies together because they both wanted to do it at the same time. HA HA It was cute!

Friday we left the house later after 12 because we were lazy and all the stuff was starting to wear us out... we had to go to like 2 maybe 3 stores max, so it would be a fast day and we could come back and relax. YEAH right! We had to run back to ikea to return an item Britt decided against and while I was there we saw a scratch and dent clearance center, well they had nice DRESSERS to begin with so i had to glance... DANG IT!

yep, it's true I found the perfect dresser clearanced, it had one good ding in it, but if I add a little white paint you would hardly see it.... then they had some DANG cute bookcases... and we were already planning on getting a cheap bookcase from biglots for like 29-39 for her room, so these were much much cuter, their dings were hidden on the side and backs of them so not bad at all. So the clearance area once you buy you have to take right then, so here we are two prego girls who can't load these items even onto a cart to get them to checkstand... and mister helper man was ANYTHING but helpful, I had to point out that we were both prego and couldn't lift anything to get him to help load them to carts, GRRRRRRRRR

We also had a little vehicle nothing to take them home in, so I had to call my dad and Greg to see if anyone was off work yet to swing by and pick them up... it took like 45min to get either one of them on the phone but they were on their way (WAY earlier than normal... guess it was meant to be) home and IKEA is right off the freeway so my dad agreed to come get them. Suprisingly all 3 items fit in my dads truck bed.

So yes 6pm on Friday night (talk about last minute) I called chris and said ok head up with the truck we have a dresser!!! (we talked about them before I bought them, I just had to let him know we found someone to take them to my parents house so it was a for sure thing.)

Yeah... easy day? no... So we followed my dad back to his house and we all ate dinner together a BIG group!!! Thanks to everyone for helping me arrange these furniture pieces and getting them at great prices. and for dinner. YUM!!! Adlanna had fun at pa and ma's house she pounded everyone and had a lot of fun running around.

Saturday and the rest of the trip to follow!

1 comment:

heidijogoody said...

We went to the festivities on Thursday but then we headed to St. George! I was sad we missed the parade