Daisypath Anniversary tickers
I had to start a
new blog since this one is 99% full on pictures. If you want an invite please comment here or email me
The_royalfamily@msn.com
Thanks!


http://theroyalkingfamily2.blogspot.com/

Monday, June 22, 2009

Fathers Day Weekend Begins : Friday

So On Tues or Wed. Chris decided to tell me that we were going out of town the coming weekend. He wanted me to find a hotel to stay in. So I scrambled and called a bunch of hotels in the area he wanted so we could have a place to sleep, nearly every was booked FULL, I finally found one night at one hotel and one night at another hotel, without having to stay at the Hotel that had BAD reviews online.

On Thursday Chris told me he was going to be done working by noon on Friday so we would be leaving early, so I scrambled to get the bags packed the laundry done and all caught up, before leaving.

Friday morning he didn't go into work he ran 3 errands then returned by 10am to get going. So we threw everything in the car and headed out. Our destination that night was the Cliff dwellers inn, which was recommended by his boss Dave (Dave and Rosemary from the tractor pulls, had their breakfast dinner at the Cliff dwellers in restaurant) Since we left so early on Friday we decided to stop off at the Grand Canyon North Rim, because Chris had never been to the Grand Canyon. We passed Jacob Lake inn and checked out their gift shop and visitors center, where they had DELICIOUS looking cookies that tempted me!!!Jumped out of the car to walk around a bit, Friday was a lot of car ride, too much for Adlanna

The visitor center pics









she didn't like the backpack... she wanted out!






Then we headed the last 45miles into the National park to the north rim. We made it there in plenty of time and wandered around on the trails with Adlanna until we were pooped... Well I should say, I was pooped, some of the trails were steep and I swear I am constantly out of breath just being preg. not hiking... even if it is a short steep hike!

Then we headed back out of the north rim onto the sites that led us to the Cliff Dwellers Inn in Marble Canyon. We made it to the hotel before dark, we got an upgraded room because they said it was the same price, and it was pretty darn nice... nicer than I expected! Then we walked over to the restaurant to eat dinner... The food was good... it wasn't GREAT, but the prices WERE extremely high I think it was like 50something before tip! :( But when there is only one restaurant in a 100mile radius they can do that!

After dinner we walked back to the room and got ready for bed. Adlanna went to bed in her pack n play while we pretended to sleep on the bed... because we had to stay up to poke my finger later than I wanted Adlanna awake for. She fell asleep quickly... which surprised me since she hadn't napped all day!

3 comments:

Grammy Sherie said...

Sounds like a good start to your mini-vacation. Cannot wait to see what happens next!
xoxo

heidijogoody said...

what a fun little weekend! I can also relate to the being out of breath thing pregnancy really does take it out of you.

Missy Mauch said...

I loved those pictures! Sounds like a vacation I could use DESPERATELY!!!