Daisypath Anniversary tickers
I had to start a
new blog since this one is 99% full on pictures. If you want an invite please comment here or email me
The_royalfamily@msn.com
Thanks!


http://theroyalkingfamily2.blogspot.com/

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Fathers day weekend Day 3 Sunday

Sunday morning we woke up and went to the breakfast buffet... it was sad because there was only two things I could eat... but o'well! Adlanna ate wonderfully so that was nice. We then ended up at the gift shop and got hats, Addie got this Powell princess hat, which I was excited to shade her face... Chris and I got visors. Actually Adlanna loved the hat until we got in the car... then she stopped wearing it...

she didn't want me to take her pic, as you can see she is avoiding the camera, then learned the hat could cover her face... **she was actually VERY difficult all weekend to photograph, we had to do some crazy stuff to get the smiles we did**




Doesn't she look like such a big girl in this pic!!!



The view from our room




Horseshoe bend: was our first stop, we were going to do it the day before because we had to backtrack 15miles to get back to it on Sunday, but we were pooped and I was afraid I already did too much. and from the car the hike starts out VERY steep... more so than the first steep hike I told you about, so we decided to wait until we were refreshed in the morning and it was cooler *yeah right*

We got to the top and over the top of the mountain *I only stopped twice on the way up to catch my breath... * Once at the top you could see nearly straight down to the end of the trail, it was madness I knew that If I had that hard of a time on the way up that If I went down I don't know that I could make it back... it was 3/4 a mile long... but it was steep and the people huffing and puffing on the way back scared me... I didn't want to do too much and have contractions... I really wanted to go but thought I better not.

So I planted myself on the top of the hill where the wind hit me and kept me cool, and Chris, Adlanna and the two cameras carried on alone... *tear*

below I drew a line to mark the path, click to enlarge the next picture.
CLICK TO ENLARGE I DREW A LINE TO SHOW YOU THE PATH THAT WAS STRAIGHT DOWN NEARLY THE WHOLE WAY...



These next pictures are the view that Chris got to enjoy and I sadly missed out, glad he could at least take photos and share it with me... I haven't seen what he got on the camcorder yet.



Too bad because it looks beautiful, and as people kept coming up the hill to meet me on the top they kept saying things like "so worth it" etc... one nice guy carrying a sleeping toddler told me it wasn't as hard as he thought... which sounded like he was trying to talk me into going, and I already wanted to go really bad, I had to bite my lip because it made me sad :(

After Chris got back we got in the car to head home, we stopped on the dam to get a pic or two and then headed out... The drive was fine, it was like a million years to kanab maybe because I was so hungry... but once we arrived in Kanab we ate lunch at a little cafe and I had a sandwich (which I usually pull off close to half the bun to keep the carbs lower) and some fruit... well two hours later in the car I tested and was in 150's so I guess don't mix a bun with fruit.

Daddy filled up Adlanna sippy cup and handed it back to her after lunch and she said "thank you daddy thank you" it was ADORABLE and more clear and understandable!

Speaking of numbers I actually hit 173 after breakfast one morning when I had to guess on carbs, at the Cliff Dwellers in because they didn't have much selection and so that was scary, but that was just minutes before the Lee's Ferry hike so I am sure I got it down real fast!!! *hopefully the OB understands on Monday*

Overall it was a great trip, we got home unpacked and I cleaned the house... don't know why just in the cleaning mood... Next up... an update on Adlanna.

1 comment:

heidijogoody said...

You probably don't like it but it is actually nice to hear that you actually have to work a little for those adorable smiles that Addlanna always has I just always thought no fair she is always smiling so good!