Daisypath Anniversary tickers
I had to start a
new blog since this one is 99% full on pictures. If you want an invite please comment here or email me
The_royalfamily@msn.com
Thanks!


http://theroyalkingfamily2.blogspot.com/

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Tuesday in Jamaica

Tuesday we woke up and went to the canopy tour/zipline.

We took a bus up the scary mountain road, that was only wide enough for one car, and we did have to pass people... the edge of the road was a cliff and I sat on the wrong side of the bus, because Jamaican's drive on the the LEFT side of the road!!! it was scary... just inches from rolling down the cliff!!!On the other hand, it was a beautiful view once we got to the top and all the pics in this post are from other peoples cameras since I didn't take mine with us.
We all got bundled up and headed out,
we ended up hiking down quite a ways to get to the beginning, my legs were shaking half way down because there were SOOOOOO many steps. When we got down to the first zipline my mom realized how high we were and being afraid of heights wanted to let others go in front of her. So first went Braxton, then me, and Chris.... I could only see those two since they have to space each person out so far so no one runs into the other person. Anyway it was a series of like 9 ziplines and it wasn't until #5 that I screamed!!! They drop you completely down 90degrees DOWN!!! It freaked me out... then once at that bottom we all were huddled in a group because the end of the group had to make it there for the guides to come and start on the second half of the course. That is when I found out mom ended up not going, so dad and mom walked down, we saw them at one point... I can't imagine walking the rest of the way down.. it was STEEP! Once the guides caught up they got re set up on the next few sections and off the group went again.The last zipline was the longest and it was crazy.. I kept slowing myself down cause they got SO fast but kept getting told not to... :( then they told Chris to slow himself down and he didn't fast enough... at the bottem we found mom and dad and I guess that last zipline there was no other option then for mom to use it. So she was forced to go on the longest one... too bad cause the first one was the funnest. Anyway Cindy caught up and told us she slammed into a tree LOL Chris said his feet hit branches, but shorty me was just fine. LOL I did slam my hand into something it hurt, and I did get flipped backwards a few too many times, but it was a BLAST!!! The best time so far in Jamaica! well worth it!

At the bottom they said they normally take a boat down the river down to the village but with the rain the river was WAY high and crazy. I was glad we could walk to the village, except that I was tired already LOL and the village wasn't close LOL



1 comment:

heidijogoody said...

I was just catching up on all your jamaica stuff. I think the zip line would be my favorite!