Daisypath Anniversary tickers
I had to start a
new blog since this one is 99% full on pictures. If you want an invite please comment here or email me
The_royalfamily@msn.com
Thanks!


http://theroyalkingfamily2.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A Brief synopsis of JAMAICA, and the beginning of the trip


the first two pics Cindy used my camera and took out her window
Cindy across the way... Chris waiting patiently for his drink
pretty ...
Cindy and Cory
Chris and I on the plane!
CUBA
Cuba again
Jamaica finally in view
my dad a few rows up
Nancy, Braxton and Max
Jamaica beaches
Jamaica beaches
ditto
Jamaica again
Jamaica
look Joane!!! Ivy all over more trees!!!
waiting for our bus at the airport
in was raining when we landed
can you believe the color of the water. This was taken in the air
ditto
little shack on the bus ride to the resortfirst beach photo
isn't it beautiful!
a view from the cafe
towel...
towel swan on our bed
don't remember why she was pouting!
waiting for our food at the cafe
a little crab friend... he was nearly invisable to the naked eye...
but the camera caught him good!
I couldn't decide if I liked the darker or lighter colors better
Taking a beach break before bed.

Ok, so Jamaica was BEAUTIFUL! Green and lush and just amazing... Overall I didn't take as many pictures as I wanted, and I didn't get to play in the ocean as much as I wanted, but the weather just simply didn't permit it :(
We had a blast on some excursions off the resort; ziplining and horseback riding in the ocean... climbing waterfalls, stuff like that. We had some bad experiences with things we bought breaking and Jamaican's lieing to get what they want etc...
It was very interesting to see another country and how to do the day to day stuff... made me realize how easy we have it here in America.
Would I go back... no... I would try another location...and one that allows kids... But it was an awesome trip and great memories.

I don't know if I have a favorite part... but I DO know I will never do a redeye flight again... the flight over we left at 12midnight friday night, had a layover in Atlanta GA at 3am (5am GA time) for 4 hours, then arrived in Jamica around 1pm and didn't get to the resort until about 4pm... It was a long trip. If I could have slept I think it would have helped, I fell asleep on the airport floor for an hour of the 4hr layover... but that was it.

Once we got to the resort the bellmen took our luggage up and we went straight to the beach. Their beaches are breathtaking... blue green water, white sand & and of course my favorite palm trees everywhere!!!! We ran around a little with out heads cut off trying to figure out how and when the food and restuants worked, since none of us had eaten anything but the airplane peanuts the entire day. We finally ended up at the regga cafe & grill... I tried some jerk chicken... WOW my tongue was burning from the spices for an hour!!! It was to spicy I couldn't eat much... I just ate a little to hold me until the buffet opened... When the buffet opened an hour or two later we ran to check things out, there was an abundance of food but some was unfamiliar... the first plate I got was mainly trying out all the different stuff and spitting most of it back out. :( the second plate I got the items from the first plate that were good... *seriously the first plate was just like tasting portions of a ton of things, and it went back completely full* bad way to start off a vacation. They also had a ton of items on the dessert buffet, I would end up trying like 4 items each night but never ended up with anything good... :( They had a ton of normal stuff too... like hot dogs, hamburgers, sausage etc... but they weren't NORMAL they were strange and gross. We all joked that it was all goat meat because they said they consume a lot of goat... nothing tasted american that's for sure. We did manage to survive the buffets did end up with some things good for each meal, like omeletts, french toast, bacon, pasta, fruit, smoothies... really that's what we ate a lot of the time. I tried lots of different kind of fish in hope to find something that tasted good, and I loved a lot of the fish... (I don't normally eat fish) I had some delious snapper... anyway I only gagged on fish once... that was a bad night. LOL The rest of that night we just hung out and relaxed... drank a ton of pina coladas... (virgin of course!) we ended up going to bed like 8pm... we were pretty tired. Brittany and I had arranged to talk on the phone at 9pm each night so we woke up when the phone rang and made sure things were ok with Adlanna and then back to bed we went.

****Off the subject... Is anyone interested in hearing about the continuing deals I am getting couponing? or is that boring? I don't care either way... Just fun sharing if anyone wants to see what I am getting for how much. :) *****

1 comment:

heidijogoody said...

Cant wait to see the pictures how fun a trip to Jamaica