Daisypath Anniversary tickers
I had to start a
new blog since this one is 99% full on pictures. If you want an invite please comment here or email me
The_royalfamily@msn.com
Thanks!


http://theroyalkingfamily2.blogspot.com/

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Monday in Jamaica

Monday was good. at dinner the night before Cindy had mentioned that we have to book any exursions the day before... so we realized we needed to book something on Monday for tues. if we were giong to get everything in that we wanted to do. So Chris and I took it upon ourselves to go book 10 of us for the zipline... we figured out of a group of 25 we could get 10 people interested... and we had 7 for sures in our group with Jason and Vonnie. So anyway at breakfast we mentioned to Cindy we did that so she could fill those 3 spots. And we ended up going back and changing that booking for 23 of us. HA HA. ... so glad we could get things rolling because when we ran to change that zipline booking, Cindy and my parents came with and we booked all the other things on every other day... so it was out of the way. So it was nearly 1pm before I got to get in my suit and get in the water... :( which is depressing when the beautiful beach is right there!

So we ran to get snorkle gear to go snorkle since I didn't get to the day before. The lady wouldn't rent out the stuff because she said it was too choppy and not safe. (it was windy!) So we found out that Cindy and Cory had their own stuff, so we borrowed theirs and then just went back for flippers to snorkle with and a diff. guy was there who gave us snorkle stuff so we returned Cindy's and FINALLY off we went. Braxt Chris and I were in the water when my parents and J&V finally all showed up with all their gear too so we all snorkled together... they hadn't got flippers and mine were too small so her and I ran to get her some and exchange mine... when we were back at the beach I went to get mine on and the waves knocked me right on my butt and each wave after that just spun me around and around etc for like 10waves... I couldn't get them on LOL... One guy stood there and watched and laughed at me... I think we prob. looked drunk with how hard my mother and me were laughing at me.

It wasn't far out that we found coral and cool stuff... I saw the coral and I was still getting used to breathing under water... a completely mind over matter issue I was having... and I screamed through my snorkle gear... Chris laughed... but it scared me at first because I thought it was an animal, huge black dome blob... Anyway... it was pretty hard to swim with the big waves, but it was fun and worth it... We ended up seeing a sting ray... right below us... like only maybe 5ft deep water... and I watched a school of silver fish swim right up to Chris' legs while he was standing and stop mid swim and just star at his legs... it was hilarious!!! AGAin... sorry no pics, we took waterproof cameras, but inteded to use them for Scuba diving not snorkeling.. plus I really didn't think we would see that much just barely away from the shore... IT WAS AWESOME!!! In fact I tried going back every day the rest of the trip to snorkle but the weather got worse, so we never got to go a 2nd time. :(

I also found out later that the beach games that the resort had was a hit with our group. my uncle Cory won the beer drinking contest... yes that's right he beat ROD and my Aunt Robin wont the swimsuit contest... (and my dad ended up being a judge on that panel!)

On the way past the main pool the group was in playing water volley ball so I swam and Chris joined the team. After a while I got out to lay out and it started to sprinkle... then in minutes it was POURING... we ran for cover under a hut (that had a matteress and everything it was awesome!) the game continued for a little while.. then they stopped and just played other water stuff.. We left again just in time to get Britts call since it was dark and we needed to change out of our suits for dinner. That night they had turkey on the buffet... and I got some mashed potatoes and filled them up with Gravy only to take a big bite and realize it was teriaky sauce not gravy LOL They did have some yummy coconut desserts and cookies... :) Then we walked down to the beach and watched and listned to the waves... and my dad found a huge coconut and gave it to my mom.. one that had been blown off of the trees right there...this is where our group always sat... these three table or nearby!one of the best waiters... he kept coming to our tables each night Dwaynethis guy would demonstrate what he wanted us to do, then they would do it. Most of these people are from our group!Then we headed up for the entertainment. They had a game of limbo and some Jamaican cultral dancing and some fire dancing etc... then we headed to bed. (early we know!) but the snorkling was really exausting!like what my flip flops did to my feet... this is before a shower, but it looks just like they did after the shower... it dyed my feet!I hadn't gotten a pic of my hair yet, so we took one before bedtime

No comments: