Daisypath Anniversary tickers
I had to start a
new blog since this one is 99% full on pictures. If you want an invite please comment here or email me
The_royalfamily@msn.com
Thanks!


http://theroyalkingfamily2.blogspot.com/

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Friday in Jamaica

Friday we had Dunns River Falls trip at 10:30 am. This was our half of the group and Angela, Because most of the group had already been on their previous trips to Jamaica. It also included some shopping... my fav.!!!
So they stopped at a jewelry store first where we found me a wedding band to match my wedding ring... (Chris has talked about getting me one since we have been married and we always said one day we would, so instead of a million t-shirts and stuff we decided a ring would be better!) ... then they stopped at a second little stip mall and we found some things for our babysitters kids. Kaylah and Jaiden anyway. the 3rd area we stopped at was local shops... WOW this was a lot like crossing the fence line... BUT they seemed to need the money much more. So we ended up buying dani and Addies gifts there and some stuff for chris a shirt and conch shell and a necklace. Theses people even went the extra mile... Because Chris found a necklace he liked and it was too small, so she hurry and rethreaded it onto a longer string right then and there... just to make the sell... isn't that great. However on the way back every person said the same thing "come see my shop" etc... and wanted us to look I honestly ran OUT OF MONEY!!! I had 20bucks for lunch because they said to keep enough for lunch so I did. But one lady said come look anyway maybe you'll find 5 dollars in your purse when you look again. So sad that people lie about these things... but I told her I only had enough for lunch, and she said that I shouldn't worry I wouldn't go hungry LOL. Then I found Chris who had been pulled into another shop... and he found the conch shell and told the lady he needed my approval, anyway he ended up running to the bus to borrow 10dollars from my dad to buy it! LOL then the bus was honking for us so it helped get away from all the other shops we hadn't made it to... but we were still being called to come see... as we ran to the bus so we didn't lose our ride!

4th stop was lunch which was 15.00 a person buffet... so I didn't even save enough for lunch... so again dang glad my parents were there we had to borrow again. :*( and in the end it was worse than our resort buffet and expensive. I had friend chicken and some veggies LOL

The Dunns River Falls we started at the ocean beach level, and climbed up I think it was 900 feet up waterfalls. I only remember one being steep. and two parts being slippery. We also decided since Scuba was canceled on Thurs. and our only last try would be Sat. We should bring our waterproof cameras so they don't go to waste! So up we went, some parts they make you go in a human chain so no one falls and goes too far.... there was a spot you could slide down and it would push you under until you're feet popped up... and then a area we could cannon ball... we did the slide but not the cannon ball... sorry all these are on video that the guides took... since we couldn't take pics of us going down the slide while we were going down the slide LOL


there were more local shops on the way out and my mom wanted to look so we followed and one guy asked me to come look and I told him we didn't have any money truely and we are sorry, but his stuff looked beautiful. And he said "it's not all about money maam it's about respect" so I felt bad.. because I ddin't want to give anyone false hope by looking so I thought I was doing the right then, then I am told I dn't respect him... I felt down... anyway Angela didn't like the first local shops and ended up yelling "max come save me" because she couldn't handle it, so once we saw this was going to be the same; Chris, Angela and I turned back out and walked to the bus stop.

When we got home we had made reservations just for my fam of 5 for pastafari (italian) so we had to go get dressed up... (this was more fancy) to eat. I had a Chicken cordon blue, some pasta, and a salad bar that finally had ranch dresssing on it! Chris had the same but didn't like it as much.

Then when we got to the room we text britt to call since we were't home at the 6pm (we had warned her the night before we wouldn't be!) and Addie again had woke up a few times during the night and Britt had to give her some mortin. :( SAD!!!!

3 comments:

kevin and angie said...

wow brandy, what an amazing trip!! it probably went by way too fast... except you probably couldn't wait to get home to your babe!! i haven't seen your family in a LONG time... glad you had a good time and you all made it home safely!

heidijogoody said...

It sure looks like you guys had such a fun time. I bet it was hard to leave Addie for that long. Oh ya and dont you hate it when you pay the money for the buffet and it just stinks.

Keri Hennefer said...

Brandy, I had no idea you were having so much fun! Amazing! I bet it was the bes trip! How fun for you guys!