Daisypath Anniversary tickers
I had to start a
new blog since this one is 99% full on pictures. If you want an invite please comment here or email me
The_royalfamily@msn.com
Thanks!


http://theroyalkingfamily2.blogspot.com/

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Saturday in Jamaica

Saturday we got up and planned on having a lazy day. We had called before getting out of bed early and prepping for Scuba and yep cancelled again... so we slept in.

by lunchtime my mother pointed out my ring looked funny, so I looked and sure enough a diamond had fallen out. So we called the store and told the guy and he blamed me and said it was my fault I must have bumped it cause I took the ring in good condition. He said I could leave my ring in Jamaica etc... anyway I started crying so my mother took the phone and told the guy he had ten mintues to fix the problem or the entire group of us at the resort was going to go spread the word not to shop there and what a bad experience we had and hung up on him. LOL
we started walking away from the phone in the shop and he called back and wanted to come get the ring to take it to the shop to fix and return it. However I wasn't very trusting on them since the problems we had and the way he wasn't very nice about it. So I told him I wasn't sure if it would come back as it should so he should bring me a new one to replace it.. or refund my money. Of course they wouldn't refund it so I told him I would pick out a better one at the shp I was at... (the jewelry shop in the resort and the one I bought from "Gem Palace") were the same company. Anyway the guy at the current shop said he couldn't do that because it came off his money instead of the other stores etc. anyway after being in there forever and having such issues we finally agreed he could take it and fix it. So the shop stayed open until my ring came back in and I got it back. But Now I am weary of losing a diamond so I haven't worn it since... I am going to take it to the place my wedding ring was purchase since we trust them and have them look to make sure everything is in tight and that it is all good. Then maybe coat it in the right material so I don't break out anyway and I will be good to go.

So anyway in between this ring mess they had some beach games and I knew I wasn't getting in the water it was the WINDEST day yet... I had my camera... so I took pics of the beach games... they played musical chairs... and they had a bunch of people and the announcer would say grab a hotdog and sit down in these chairs... and they would have to run find a hotdog and come back and the last person was out... anyway it ws funny...

I also realized we had hung out in the "jungle" with the hammocks a few times but I hadn't gotten any pictures of that or the resort so we took some random pics, and took a nap in the hammocks in the jungle. It was a nice relaxing day besides the ring issue. LOL
We had dinner arranged for the entire group at the italian place but Chris rather eat at the japanese place so we went there instead and ate with a bunch of random people. Who funny enough knew half of our group by name LOL We also had a pilot at our table so we talked about flying and the fear of flying etc. I tried vanilla custard for dessert. it was good.. I would try it again.

Once back to the room we hadn't gotten notificatin about what time our bags needed to be downstairs and what time the bus would be there to take us so I called and they said 8am bags outside the door and 9am be down at the buses. So we passed the word on and a few hours later we got a note on our door saying the same thing. I was so excited to finally go home, we had had it with being out of our element and not being able to control some bad circumstances, and it was starting to catch up to me that I didn't have my baby to hold and It was harder and harder to not think about it ... which was my mechinizm for dealing with it. The trip could have ended a day early and that would have been GREAT!

This is a little gecko lizard guy who was right by our door to our room. He is about the size of a SMALL grasshopper... just tiny... but I used my macro lens to zoom in, so he might not look like it!

No comments: