Daisypath Anniversary tickers
I had to start a
new blog since this one is 99% full on pictures. If you want an invite please comment here or email me
The_royalfamily@msn.com
Thanks!


http://theroyalkingfamily2.blogspot.com/

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Adlanna is all grown up...

I had to blog today (before preggo brain forgets!) and since Adlanna is eating breakfast and Chris is still sleeping I figured why not right now?

Adlanna was so freaking adorable yesterday and this morning I HAVE to write this stuff down.

So yesterday I decided we should watch the movie Tarzan, Adlanna has started getting into watching movies and since they have a lot of monkeys I figured she would like it. In the first 15min of the movie where the gorilla finds the baby and sniffs the diaper and covers her nose and the baby puts his fist into the gorilla's nostrils... yeah those parts... Adlanna was LAUGHING OUT LOUD so hard it was hysterical, it was shocking that she is old enough to understand the humor in something like that, and it was so adorable we re played the movie later that night for Daddy and Addie to watch together (since he worked yesterday) so he could see how cute she is!she wouldn't even look at the camera because the movie was playing...



In the middle of the day we changed her bum and we have been having her climb up on the changing table while we are right there for changes, so I don't have to pick her up as much. She does a great job. Anyway... we changed her and then came out in the living room, I layed on the couch because I was NOT feeling well... and within 5 min. I smelled a stinky diaper, so I asked if she had pooped... she backed her rear end over to me to check.. which made me laugh. So then I asked her to go grab a diaper and wipes . (I have asked for a diaper before a few times and she is trying to learn where they are etc... only once has she brought me one) She took off running and came back with a diaper. Then I said where's the wipes, run and grab the wipes.... that I wipe your bum with... and she takes off running again, no sooner than to return with the wipes. IT WAS AWESOME!!! so then she layed down on the floor and was ready for her bum to be changed. Afterwards I told her to go put the wipes away and watched her run down the hall and throw them on the changing table, then I told her to put the diaper in the garbage (she often throws things away for us) and she ran down the hall and threw the diaper on the changing table LOL... 3 out of 4 requests isn't bad.

I was so proud that she is getting so big that she can learn things so fast and help us out already... but it was a eye opener that she is getting too big!

This morning I went in to her bedroom when she woke up and I had a headache immediatly from waking up, so I layed on her pillow with her and got my morning hugs and kisses. She jumpbed up to play with the kitty like normal and wanted me to come with her. I told her I had an ouchie on my head and I needed a kiss. So she kissed my forehead then went on her way. Then she wanted me to play again I told her, my ouchie needed medicine. She took off running and returned with a bottle of desitin and said "MEDICINE" LMBO seriously... this kid is so smart!!! Can't wait for Chris to wake up so I can tell him, how big his little girl is.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Very cute story! Yes, they grow up fast.

I've been feeling exactly the same way. My Vivian (21 months old) is just now taking off with words, sounds and repeating what you say. And as I sit here and type this, I watch her climb up her indoor slide and slide down it - something she wasn't brave enough to try weeks ago. What a big girl we both have!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

(p.s. - sorry that you didn't win my giveaway! :-(

heidijogoody said...

It is always so fun when your kids will respond and listen to you and do what you ask!