Daisypath Anniversary tickers
I had to start a
new blog since this one is 99% full on pictures. If you want an invite please comment here or email me
The_royalfamily@msn.com
Thanks!


http://theroyalkingfamily2.blogspot.com/

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Gestational Diabetes & Our little Rockstar!

UPDATED!!!
She found her sunglasses and the Muno Mic, and just started singing her heart out... It was cute she kept babbling and said mama and dayee a few times. :) LOVE IT!!!


Gestational Diabetes:
So I just returned from the Diabetic counseling office, I have a new handy dandy ONETOUCH ULTRA2 blood glucose monitoring system!! like that is exciting... it just means needles...

So I have to poke myself 4 times a day, one in the morning before meals, and 2hrs after the first bite of each of the 3 meals a day. I have to have lower than< style="font-size:85%;"> *I knew I should have drank the v8smoothie while I could* and avoiding Alcohol... *at least they give me one easy thing to avoid.*

I have to choose LEAN foods (when selecting meats etc) because the fat will help KEEP my levels HIGH once they get high... I should try to match proteins with carbs, and not just eat proteins or just carbs, or just ... blah blah... a variety basically. AND if I eat fruit it cannot be for breakfast.

The Daily Carb Schedule:

Brakfast: 30 grams carbs

Snack: 15 grams carbs

Lunch: 45 grams carbs

Snack: 30 grams carbs

Dinner: 45 grams carbs

Snack: 30 grams carbs

I have been doing less than 45 for each meal... which has averaged like 32-36 carbs a meal, and no more than 15carbs a snack... so this is a bit more complicated but spread out... and allows for more wiggle room.

IF a food or snack has more than 7 grams of FIBER then I can subtract the 7 grams from the carbs! (that's exciting! although not found in common food... might be if I buy some FIBER ONE SNACKS AND CEREALS!!!)

Interesting information:
Whole wheat bread OFTEN has MORE CARBS then refined white crap.. :(


So that's it... for now unless I remember something. She sent me home with a large chart and some paperwork the chart shows how many carbs are in each serving of items without labels (like produce) She said she would recommend staying away from potatoes she See's it spike people too often. Also I have to get a RX from my OB for the strips because they think people are what going to abuse them? (weird... they think people are going to WILLINGLY poke themselves MORE each day?) AND my OB requests I keep a DETAILED list of everything I eat, portion size, carbs, glucose levels etc.. throughout the day, so he can check it each appointment. Which I already bought a little travel size notebook to start writing these things down on.

I go back in a week (but she is out of town so not until the 4th of June) and then is when we will change anything if my fasting levels are high or whatever...
I still don't know what the OB will be doing differently until my appointment with him which is June 1st.

So I am going grocery shopping today, I was trying to wait until after the appointment, and now I know what to look for and what to stock up on! :) I am going to find me some FIBER snacks, and nuts and natural Peanut Butter!

So that's the plan...

p.s. Adlanna was in her little turquoise bows and the councilor lady wants to buy some... she wants me to just make her some and bring them in next appointment! :() HEE HEE HEE

3 comments:

The Armstrong Family said...

Wow, sounds like fun........
That's cute with the Mundo microphone Danika's Brobee one is too loud I wand to tape up the speaker lol

The Armstrong Family said...

So let us know when you do your first poke and how it goes

heidijogoody said...

I totally love those rockstar pictures of Addlanna