Daisypath Anniversary tickers
I had to start a
new blog since this one is 99% full on pictures. If you want an invite please comment here or email me
The_royalfamily@msn.com
Thanks!


http://theroyalkingfamily2.blogspot.com/

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Adlanna meet Santa, Santa meet Adlanna

So Friday afternoon Chris got off early, and Grammy Sherie and Great Grammy Jensen came down to visit! Grammy had to bring some presents down early because they were so big she knew they wouldn't ever fit in our little car and get back to Cedar... NICE GRAMMY!!!
(I really wanted these items I am glad i'm such a good hinter!!!) Later that night we were invited to the New harmony ward Christmas party. They had lots of good food and people we miss from our old ward! They had all the kids do a nativity scene it was cute, and in between scenes they would sing and we would sing... the first song was a musical number with just instruments... Adlanna started singing with the instruments... Normally she sings in sacrament while we all sing, but it was cute for her to sing along with just the music. Then Santa showed up... that was fun. We waited for most of the kids to get their turns... we weren't in a hurry... although when I realized it was past her bedtime I wished I had thought that through and had run her up there first! HA HA HA Why was I worried. She didn't mind Santa at all... she just looked at him... curiously... It was cute! he even gave her a hug... and a little present...
After the party we went home and The 4 of us Adults stayed up talking for hours.. I know it was past midnight. :) Then the next morning we cooked some eggs and oatmeal and played lots of WII. Grandma Jensen played a few wii games, she played big brain academy, bowling, tennis, a few other things, she seemed to really enjoy herself and did really well, she beat a lot of us at bowling and nearly beat Chris at tennis. Big brain academy is what she played the longest, she got the hang of it and just kept on playing... I mean hours!!! Finally Sherie and I ran to walmart for some candy, and Roberts crafts for a Christmas present. We had fun shopping even though we lost a cell phone and ran around town a bit, it was really fun.... I felt bad for stealing Chris' mom and taking off for hours, but it was a lot of fun!!! We got some shopping done and came home to see Chris had opened Adlanna's little house and set it all up... Adlanna LOVED it! She carried the phone everywhere and just kept going inside and closing the door behind her... She thought mommy was silly when I climbed in to play too!Then we ate some yummy salads for lunch, and started setting up the tree... This is what Sherie brought down for our entertainment... it took 3 big bags of candy to fill it, and our tummies in the meantime :) But it turned out so so cute. Next year we are going to count the candy and put a certain amount on so that it can be our countdown tree... instead of a chocolate calander, we are going to have a mini candy bar each day. :) Sounds fun! I got some rubons for the pot, if you can see the one in the photo, but didn't get to apply them before it filled up with candy and now would not be a good idea to tip it on its side.That night Chris had me open 2 of my gifts, one from Adlanna and one from him... because we knew they were too big to take up north and have to pack back, so we thought it was more fun to open them with Grammy and Great Grammy then by ourselves. Chris & Addie spoiled me, she got me this lovely new computer chair, so my bum doesn't go numb when i'm working anymore! And he got me a beautiful new all in one printer/scanner/ faxer/copier. IT IS fun!
while we were shopping earlier I picked out a few gifts while we were shopping for myself.. not on purpose I would just mention something I liked and then next thing I know it was in the cart, so I got a cool cell phone skin and some goodies to eat, some other stuff off my list, and Sherie brought down some dishes with our names and a tractor sand blasted into them, Chris got mail that his mom had gotten for him for Christmas and opened those... :) Just less things to try to pack back and forth... I know I know... we kinda cheated, but it was a mini Christmas... the real Christmas is coming and it's ok if we dont have to pack it all back and forth or leave it at other peoples houses and wait to play with them later. (boy do I wish we had a bigger car!)

We then all ran to Sizzler to get a good salad bar and steak before they all had to head home.. it was yummy!! Thanks for the visit grammy and great grammy, it was a lot of fun like usual! :)

Over the weekend Adlanna was a lot of fun, I showed her a bear and said "roar" and she copied it was the cutest little ROAR ever!!! She gave lots of hugs and kisses and spoke on the phone pretty much all night, she loves that thing! She sang a lot with grammy at the christmas party and she is just getting to be so much fun!!!

Ok, so anyway I have most of the pictures here and some to come later, but i'll link you back to this post at that time!!!



Check out the things I got for free this morning!!! HERE

8 comments:

Braxton said...

I wish I had a play house.

The Royal Family said...

Did you put it on your Christmas list? HEE HEE

No Longer Newlyweds. said...

Hi. Thanks for the compliment on my new jacket. Porter got it at Marshalls believe it or not. It is a $220 jacket and he paid $60. Sometimes, Marshalls is AWESOME.

Braxton said...

How am I smart?


P.S.
yay for old people playing games!

heidijogoody said...

I am impressed that Adlanna did so well on santas lap. I can't get the girls to go anywhere near santa without them freaking out!

Grammy Sherie said...

It was a great weekend! Thanks for the hospitality! Grandma Jensen said that she had fun as well!

See you soon!
xoxoxo

kevin and angie said...

I love the pictures, looks like you guys have had a lot of fun getting ready for Christmas!!! I cannot wait! I love that Adlanna loved Santa, surprisingly my kids have as well. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Julie said...

That is great love seeing grandma playing the wii! And good for Adlanna sitting on Santas lap so well! My kids (as you know) have never been like that!