Daisypath Anniversary tickers
I had to start a
new blog since this one is 99% full on pictures. If you want an invite please comment here or email me
The_royalfamily@msn.com
Thanks!


http://theroyalkingfamily2.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

4th of July Concludes...




While dinner was cooking Britt and I jumped in the car to scope out a place to watch the fireworks, we drove around for like 45min and found the PERFECT grassy spot to lay out to watch them. When we drove over with the whole family to get our spot some JERK thought they needed the entire parkinglot and grass to themselves and blocked it off with their own personal RV... there was plenty of room for our group of 11 to join them but they were selfish jerks and really ticked me off... We made jokes about letting the air out of their tires etc... RUDE!!!

So we parked on that street and just pulled out the camping chairs and blankets. The older kids played with snaps and other interesting fireworks, Aunt Brittany bought the babies some glow bracelets and other jewelry that entertained them. Then the fun began. Adlanna loved the fireworks she would copy me if I said "pretty" or "WOW", "AH" basically anything it was cute. Sorry no pictures. Danika isn't a big fan of loud noises she she would look then bury her face in her daddys shoulder, she was dead asleep by the end of the show.

After the CC firework show we drove back to my house to light fireworks, the neighbors were lighting theres so we sat and watched then and lit ours intermittenly. I also ate my smore. :) IT WAS DEVINE!!!
Chris and I couldn't decide which fireworks to purchase we didn't know what did what or anything so we went with 1 big one instead of a bunch of small or med ones. So we went through Britts STACK or small, med. and semi large sets, then we lit ours. I have to admit some of Britts and ours lasted FOREVER they were well worth the money, it was a TON of fun! *this is the first year we have bought and lit our own fireworks* Adlanna loved watching these fireworks too, even if some of them were WAY too loud. She wouldn't sit in my lap though, she sat with uncle Braxton for more than half the show, then over to MA to watch with special 3D type glasses that Britt also supplied. SHE LOVED THE GLASSES!

Then we packed up and went to bed.

The next morning we visited and ate a big breakfast that my mom cooked. Then my parents & Braxton took off for home, Britt's family stuck around and visited a little longer, they didn't work monday... So we got Greg to help carry in Adlanna's dresser and bookcases, and was going to move the babies dresser in, but the dang thins is like 2 inches too long to fit... GRRRRRRRRRRRRR..............

Then the Armstrongs left us too... :(








Chris and I put Adlannas room together, we put her bed all together and moved the queen out, then put in her bookcases and dresser where they fit... The dresser we got Adlanna mixed with the bed we got her... made for a VERY FRUSTERATING day... ask Chris I cried more than once... There is one big wall and both items wanted to fit on it and no where else... :( so basically she couldn't keep both. The babies dresser is not any smaller so we couldn't just switch the kids dressers... So after about an hour and going back and forth on buying a different bed, (LOSING money on the whole deal!) GRRRRRR... We found 1 solution... SO... she will not be able to move any furniture around... it's stuck the one way it fits... and it isn't as BAD as I expected but it still is a little squishy. :( I will post pictures once we get the room organized, right now she has random toys and books moved in but not put away and although the furniture is up, nothing else is... I want a final picture to show you, so you can all be in AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWE.

So it is pretty much a mess... there is still stuff in Addie's big girl room to be moved out... like crafts, and smell goods (my candle stash) and other random stuff... and The babies room had an empty wall from taking furniture from and instead we had the queen size mattress and box springs on it's side blocking Adlanna's closet with her clothes. LOL but I refussed to put that stuff in the garage to let it get dusty and buggy.








THEN on Monday WE LUCKED OUT! We got a call saying WE want the queen size bed, your selling! **hours after I posted it on ksl.com** then we got another call saying they wanted to bed, so I had to do a few calls myself back and forth and let both parties (who wanted to drive from 3hrs away 1. in payson and 1. in vegas) that we had another party coming to get it from the same distance etc... So basically it worked out that one person dropped everything and left 15min after speaking to me to get there that night at 8pm or later to beat the other person, who couldn't make it until first thing the next morning. They walked in saw and said ok, here is the money.... So maybe we priced it too low... but i'm just glad it's gone!!!
because now I can access both girls rooms and transfer things back and forth so one is a babys room and one is a big girls room right now there is baby stuff in both and big girl stuff in both and it's just a chaotic mess...

Not to mention on Friday we had someone finally come and purchase our swamp cooler, so we were happy both BIG items sold. I do have a few more things I will be listing on KSL before our garage sale like a TRACI DOUGLASS framed and autographed picture... etc.






This week we have been catching up from the weekend with cleaning and blogging and bills ets. Also I have gotten 4 our of 6 pillowcases sewn for my neice, and Adlannas big girl quilt done 100%, also I have started Jennalee's minky, silky... but ran out of bias tape... so that will wait... I have another rag quilt to start... but between all that fun stuff I have been taking time to move things around in the girls rooms... but it's a slow process... because it's a lot of bending and etc that is not comfy to do for long periods of time.. :) I have a friend from highschool who is sketching up some drafts for paintings she is going to paint for Adlanna's new room, so i'm thrilled about that... *shrug* what else... Oh I guess I could tell you that Chris and fam, got the door on the shed done, and the lock hooked up etc, and he has been making daily trips to ace hardware to find a missing screw for Adlanna's bed frame... we found a mattress for her twin finally, thanks Armstrongs! And we have also finally determined what furniture goes where in both rooms... (not done just figured out how to get it to fit in that mini room!)





Chris has the soffia facia and siding left on the shed to do, we got a bid on the siding to have someone else do it all and it was over $1,000.00 so that's not going to happen, we have a connection through the neighbor Randi to get siding cheaper and then chris has to install it, so that's the plan... don't know a price yet though... *sigh* We did go to Homedepot to spend Chris' birthday money from my parents and we almost got a staple/nail gun to do the siding and etc with, but then found out it was the wrong one and the right one was 80.00 over budget... *shrug*

Oh, more fun stuff... **does it seem to anyone else i'm pretty random and all over the place these days?** Joane called, she is safely in UT with both boys... and I can't wait to get up to see her!!! :)

Adlanna is just having fun, she has been a great big helper grabbing toys and books from the nursery and moving them to her new room... She also has been helping put things away and clean up... it's so fun and nice having a little helper. When we were in the rooms trying to figure out how things were going to fit and I cried, she would run up stick her bottom lip out to pout and say "SAD" then hug me and say "BETTER", which made me laugh and cry... but how cute is that!?!?!

Ok, well pictures of things later to come of the rooms and finished projects etc.. I am excited things are finally moving, we have to start moving shelfs into the garage and purchase more shelfs OR build shelfs... anyway we can finally move onto that next step. :)

YEAH!!!

OH OH OH, IF ANYONE IS STILL HERE LISTENING.. READING ... WHATEVER... I HAVE VIDEO COMING I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO LOAD SINCE YESTERDAY SO IT WILL ACTUALLY BE UNDER THIS POST ONCE I GET THE LAST TWO ADDED. :)

3 comments:

The Armstrong Family said...

Well if I am to be a party planner I need a budget and a theme and I will see what I can do :)

heidijogoody said...

You can't have the 4th of July and not have fireworks!

The King Family said...

Looks fun!