Daisypath Anniversary tickers
I had to start a
new blog since this one is 99% full on pictures. If you want an invite please comment here or email me
The_royalfamily@msn.com
Thanks!


http://theroyalkingfamily2.blogspot.com/

Monday, February 23, 2009

Draper Temple Open House & Kaylah's 11th B-day

I had a super busy weekend with lots of photos so i know If I don't blog them soon i'll be EVEN more behind. So on Friday we headed up north, we had tickets to go to the Draper Temple open house on Sat morning with Chris' side of the family, about an hour into our drive Sherie called and told us she got us a room at a hotel by the temple, so that was nice. We stopped at my parents house to eat dinner and say hello and let them know we would be back on sat. for the birthday party. We got to the hotel at 9pm. We walked in the front doors at the same time that Cliff, Josie and Bailey did. Our rooms were next to eachother. They all decided to go swimming, but I hadn't packed suits so we stayed home, but Adlanna was fussy it was past her bedtime already and she wasn't in the mood... HA HA. *little did we know there was more teeth poking through*

The next morning we woke up and met Sherie, Cliffs family & Brady's family (Brady is Chris' cousin) for breakfast. Then we packed up and headed out, we got to the church and parked at 9am, which is when our reservations were, we met up with the rest of the family but didn't leave on a bus to the temple until 10:30. The temple was beautiful, lots of beautiful wood and pretty lighting... The outside was pretty too... after the tour they take you to the visitor center for cookies and water, they had a whole wall with pictures of the temples all over the world that was neat to look at and see. We took some family photos with everyone etc then headed back on the bus to the church. While in line for the bus there were protestors that came and stood there with stupid signs...

We got to the car about 12 and all headed out to meet Michelle (chris' aunt) for lunch in Sandy. We went for mexican food. yum. Adlanna was picky like normal and although nice aunt Josie brought her like 30 different things to try from the salad bar, she only ate like 3 things of pineapple.... *thanks Josie for trying!*

Then we headed outside where when your with family you hang out and talk forever even though your frreeeeezing!!! We took more pictures because this side of the family is camera happy. HEE HEE and then we packed up and left once we noticed it was 2pm and the birthday party was at 3pm about an hrs drive away. So we left and headed there.



These pics were all taken with Josie's camera... I forgot mine in the car.

We got there just in time as the doors were opening and people where being let in. It was a gymnastics place in Lindon. The party was for Kaylah's 11th birthday party. (Kaylah is my neice) It was really fun, they had a toddler area, that was fun for the little ones. All the other kids ran wild across the entire gym which was huge!!! I so badly wanted to jump in the foam pit but didn't think I had the energy to climb back out, after chasing Adlanna through the temple for 4 hrs... Maybe next time I won't be preggo.

Then after the party we all went out for Kaylahs birthday dinner she picked joes crab shack. She was wearing a shirt all day from there that said "Bringing crabby back" and if you know my neice (she agrees) that the shirt fits her perfectly!!! Chris got coconut shrimp which I LOVE... Adlanna got pizza and applesauce and I got shrimp alfredo, with cocktail shrimp on the side. YUM... Adlanna ate more of my noodles then I did, but I was glad she was eating after not eating for lunch. In the car on the ride home my dad sat next to Adlanna and she hugged him and kissed him like 30 times and told him that she loved him over and over and over again it was dang cute.





Sunday we had to run errands before returning home... we had to get diapers from costco and I found a easter dress for Adlanna there too, then we stopped and ordered Chris' work boots and then headed out. It was the longest most miserable 3.5 hr drive I have ever been on, and once we got home I took adlanna in changed her diaper and mid change i had to holler for Chris to come make sure she didn't fall off the changing table because I had to run to the bathroom.. :( It wasn't fun!

p.s. I forgot to mention on Valentines day Adlanna got a package from Bailey. It was a big box full of toys and candy, and party favors and books and crayons and more toys. It was awesome. I meant to take a picture before she pulled everything apart and started playing with it all, but that didn't happen. She loved the slinkys so much they are warped into wierd shapes, she drives the little car around the kitchen floor (we have been meaning to get her little cars to push around she loves grammy sheries so much) and she keeps trying to use the crayons but mommy wont let her yet. (we need a giant coloring book first!) THANKS BAILEY ... (Cliff & Josie)

4 comments:

heidijogoody said...

Wow what a busy fun weekend. isn't the temple pretty! And that birthday party sounds like so much fun I bet the kids had a blast. I would have even had a blast if I went to a party at a place like that!

The Loden's said...

Fun! has she got the teeth yet or are they still tring to come in? I think that might be Jd's problem today but who knows. He already went down for his nap. So I am excited I get to go to the temple when I am there!! Yeee Haaaaa!!!13 days!!!!

Grammy Sherie said...

It was really fun for me to spend time with you guys this weekend. Sounds like everyone had a great time. I am glad. And everyone had a busy weekend. Thanks for making time for the temple and lunch!
We should plan the next get together soon!
love you guys!
xoxoxo
Grammy

Braxton said...

Kaylah is 11