Daisypath Anniversary tickers
I had to start a
new blog since this one is 99% full on pictures. If you want an invite please comment here or email me
The_royalfamily@msn.com
Thanks!


http://theroyalkingfamily2.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Introducing Maigen Marie Armstrong






















So I stayed up with the older kids to count down the new year, it was 12:30 when Britt called and said they had to wait an hour to see if they were going to keep her. So we went to sleep awaiting the news and my back was KILLING ME. I got a text that she wasn't dilating so they were headed home. I woke at 3:30 and saw an old Text from Chris he had finally arrived (I forgot to mention he stopped in Holden to nap in the car so he didn't fall asleep at the wheel) So I rolled out of bed onto the floor and let him in the house.

at 5:30 am Danika woke me up and I knew Britt still needed the sleep and I was pretty sure she was still having contractions so I went out into the front room and tried getting her to sleep on the Dora couch. About 6 or 6:30Greg came out and got Danika and Britt came out and said they gave her some pain meds and told her to take them to get sleep she would need it if it was real labor plus if it wasn't real labor then it would go away with the meds.

She was in MORE pain..... and more contractions. At like 8am they went back to the hospital and by 9:30 I was told that she is dilating so they are keeping her. So we got the kids up and fed and dressed and then headed over, it was like 11:30 when we arrived.

Fast forward: Britt was pushing and Danika and Adlanna were dying to see the baby so they were down watching the whole thing saying baby baby baby, Dani would throw in the occasional bum bum LOL

Maigen Marie Armstrong Arrived at 2:05pm she weighed 6lbs 12oz (prior to this baby Britt's largest baby was 5lb 15oz) so Maigen was NEARLY a POUND Bigger... buy boy she didn't look it! She was 18 inches long and has dark black hair but not even half of what Danika had (my opinion)










Shortly after we all passed her around (and by ALL I mean everyone BUT ME- because I was nursing Jennalee) we left for home. We took all of the kidlets back to Britt's house to eat and play and etc. We made home made pizza which Kaylah just loved and then we headed back to the hospital to say hi.

We got to pass the baby around again and we got to take pics of Jennalee side by side LOL

Then we went home and had a mellow night.































This is one of the best photos ever! How cute are they!!?!?!?!?! Danika and Maigen


Saturday we decided after nap time and lunch we would go to the hospital, so we cleaned the house and ate some food and then headed out. We saw the gang again and got to have Adlanna hold the baby and of course took more photos.

We had a double date planned with Joane and JJ since this was the first time I was able to get together with her because of my back I was excited. We had put a roast in for dinner that morning so My parents and Braxton came over to watch her 3 kids (they would have watched all 5 but Joane hadn't seen Jennalee and they had their kids so all the kids could play together if we took them) We ended up ditching the restaurant plans to save money and ate with the North family... and boy I mean family... Amanda's and Jessica's family were all there together so we had to set up two tables alongside the dinner table so we could all fit. But it was fun and very good!


Then all the kids played, in case you didn't know Joane's family boys run wild they have 9 boys and 1 girl for grand kids (I think) so they enjoyed seeing girls and McKayla the only girl enjoyed talking to Adlanna. Thanks mom and dad and Braxt for babysitting for us, Thanks the North extended family for letting us crash the party and feeding us food.

It was a lot of fun and I am so glad I got to see Joane before she went back to AL. Her little boys are the most handsome little ones ever! If I never get boys i will live vicariously through her!

4 comments:

The Armstrong Family said...

Still waiting for you to fix those couple little things that I requested............please!

heidijogoody said...

I bet your sister was so glad to finally have her here! I can't believe they let that many people in her room that is nuts.

Missy Mauch said...

I'm so glad that everything went well! Many babies coming into the world recently! Those were all great pictures!

kevin and angie said...

CONGRATS to Brittany!! (and of course her family), that is so exciting! Glad to hear it all went well, your family looks good. So fun that your kids are so close in age too, there is nothing better than cousins!!